Wednesday 12 December 2012

30 Day Tarot Challenge - Day 17: Reversed Cards

30 Day Tarot Challenge - Day 17:  Do you do readings using reversals? Why or why not?

I absolutely enjoy including reversed cards in my Tarot card interpretations.  There is so much significance with the reversed cards that I think we would miss otherwise. 
I found that when I started using reversals after obtaining my Certified Professional Tarot Reader (CPTR) qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA), the insights that I got from my Tarot cards were even more profound, and it lent a lot more accuracy and depth to the readings that I do for my clients. In fact, reversed cards often become a catalyst for a robust discussion that my client and I will have about the significance of these cards to their situations or the choices they make. With my protégés, teaching them how to interpret reversed cards give me a lot of satisfaction, particularly when I see their eyes light up in awe at the depth and accuracy of interpretation when reversed cards are deployed in a spread.
The only time I do not use the reversed cards is when I use the horseshoe spread.  Honestly, I can’t quite understand why myself.  Perhaps, that spread has specific positions that are focused and clear enough that there’s no need to interpret a reversed card. Or perhaps, it's just by habit that I have not used reversed cards within the horseshoe spread.  Nonetheless, the accuracy of the read is always spot on.
I would recommend any Tarot reader to master reading the reversed cards.  I can guarantee that it makes the Tarot reading even more interesting.
About The Writer:
The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and was recently certified as a numerologist in Singapore. A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also endorsed as a reader for the Free Tarot Network and is a mentor for the ATA.   She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment